Monday, September 28, 2009

Before I became a photographer, I was a painter. By some turn of fate, I met the photographer Pascal Chevallier who was in need of an assistant for a shoot in the country for Vogue Decoration. He was absolutely and still is, brilliant. I assisted Pascal on few other shoots, learned the tricks of the trade by watching him and eventually sit for him in some of his stories when he needed silhouettes. Working for magazines in the late '80s was wonderful, especially with the great editor in chief Marie Paule Pellé who demanded nothing but all the creativity and wit I could dream of. This would be my life and I shall never thank Pascal enough for his guidance. I found on Pascal's site a couple of photos sitting for him amidst his remarkable port folio.

2 comments:

studioJudith said...

Beautiful images ... .
I shall check out Pascal's site.

Irina said...

these images look like a movie scene! with a story before and after that particular moment.