Tuesday, April 13, 2010

" 8 episodes in the life of a sailor ".About the spirit of the sea, a friendly follower of this blog recently placed an order for a print of a sailor saying she had a thing for the sea. That is something we have in common. I'm haunted by the sea and had a very romantic idea of life at sea until I experienced it. Though I have countless photos on the subject, here is a collection of sketches I did almost 15 years ago after my first transatlantic. Looking at them again, reminds me that whatever you do at sea, you do on a moving floor and like my fellow sailor once said 
" Quand on est en bateau, on est souvent sur l'eau. "

5 comments:

Unknown said...

superb;it must absolutely become a book together with your sea photos.

by land by air by sea said...

a sailor went to sea, sea, sea
to see what he could
see, see, see
and all that he could
see, see, see
was the bottom of the deep blue
sea, sea, sea
( from an american nursery rhyme)

studioJudith said...

Beautiful sketches, Ivan.

Jjj

Kelly said...

I love this soooo much! I really want to make a book of my illustrations... figuring it out.

Laurent said...

If published this series will become a classic in every household acquainted with the sea; prints would be framed in boys' rooms all over the world.