Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Amalia Rodrigues (1920-1999). I had always wanted to meet this great lady and thanks to A de CC, I finally did, at midnight, in her flat in Lisbon. When she came to open the door, I saw this very small women and hardly recognized her. It didn't match the vision of a tall black eagle, the way she looked on stage. The day after, when she appeared, dressed in a stage dress, with heavy eye liner, red lips and nails, she took my breath away. A Star ! She loved to be photographed and I loved photographing her. Why am I posting this ? For no reason. I was just thinking of her. She was a lovely and very smart person.

3 comments:

Elisabethbaysset said...

Un très beau portrait , vraiment . EB .

Hill House Ramblings said...

Such vivacity! Beautiful portrait, great work.

H.H.

Unknown said...

Marvelous, great message sent through hands!
Great artists, both: singer and photographer!

VTVInt