Saturday, January 19, 2013



Andrée Putman
Here she is in September 2002 in her flat in Paris
sitting for Vogue Japan holding a silver glove, one of her favorite objects. 
One of her quotes about the cliché of style: 
“too much Louis and too many flowers” 


She was slightly late for our appointment having just landed from Tokyo.
It took her five minutes to change. Such energy and discipline. 
 A great lady.



Andrée was quiet happy  with the portrait and sent me 
a thank you note in her unmistakable calligraphic writing.


 Suede white shoes 
Andrée designed for Charles Jourdan,
I thought they looked like a pair of wings.
Andrée might be using them now.

oOo
 

7 comments:

Evelyne said...

Elle continue de resplendir la nuit quand le ciel est étoilé.

by land by air by sea said...

shoes for heaven...
i love the letter.
74 - truly...imagine it.
i never felt like americans understood at all her genius or her style.
this is such a lovely tribute ivan.

IVAN TERESTCHENKO said...

She had a way of saying "c'est foooorrmidable" with this deep-smoking-Gitane voice I'll never forget...

YHBHS said...

Thanks for sharing this Ivan. X

by land by air by sea said...

it's funny how she looks like she has a long board~
B

IVAN TERESTCHENKO said...

ha ha you're right Beth, I'm so used to the shape, I hadn't even noticed how odd...Andrée would have loved that.

Anonymous said...

golden goose sneakers
kyrie 7
supreme clothing
hermes outlet
off white
golden goose outlet
goyard
kobe shoes
supreme
kyrie shoes